Joliet Rotary Board Meeting: February
Lincolnshire Business CenterFeb 28, 2017
7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Joliet Rotary Club Youth Leadership Conference
Victorian Ballroom at the Jacob Henry Mansion EstateMar 21, 2017
12:15 PM – 1:15 PM
Joliet Rotary Board Meeting: March
Lincolnshire Business CenterMar 28, 2017
7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Rotary is an international membership organization made up of people who share a passion for and commitment to enhancing communities and improving lives across the globe. Rotary members join clubs by invitation. With 35,000 clubs around the world, and others that meet online, Rotary makes it easy to get involved and start making a difference today.
First, I would like to say Thanks:
- To my wife of 30 years, Laura Baron Malinowski for supporting me, putting up with my varied life’s passions, not the least of which is this Club. As a note, our 15th wedding anniversary was my first day in the Rotary Club of Joliet. Our 30th will be celebrated during my year as President.
- To my family, our children, Anna, Mary, Julia, Michael. I love them, love exploring life with them. They are not here today at the installation but that is because they are thankfully all gainfully employed.
- To Bob Baron and his wife Lorraine who encouraged me to join Rotary 15 years ago, and for introducing me to the world of international Rotarians, not just Rotary International.
- To the past and incoming Joliet Rotary Club Board members, you all have worked very hard to implement new ideas but also complete the good work started by previous Presidents and Boards.
- To the past Joliet Rotary Club Presidents for your leadership, and guidance to me. So many of you have wished me well and promised your support. I will definitely lean on you all.
- To District Governor Osei David Andrews-Hutchinson, thank you for coming here today, for engaging in our club, meeting with me at District events and in Seoul. Here is something for you – Zikomo, which is what the people of Malawi say to show gratitude.
You are all unique people in the overall population. You have made a choice to join a club that is more than a social club, it is a club where the members serve others. That is not a common decision in today's world. But you decided that this is the place to be for you. THANKS to you for making that decision.